John Maxwell has been around for years teaching Leadership to Individuals, Heads of State and Business Leaders.
He is known for his down to earth approach to leadership that just works and makes sense.
He has been my mentor in the area of my life for many years and I have had the privilege of sitting down with him in a small setting and learning how to become a better leader.
I would like to start with some definitions that John has for what Leadership is.
Great Leadership Quotes – What Is Leadership
- Leadership is the willingness to put oneself at risk.
- Leadership is the passion for making a difference with others.
- Leadership is being dissatisfied with the current reality.
- Leadership is taking responsibility while others are making excuses.
- Leadership is seeing the possibilities in a situation while others are seeing the limitations.
- Leadership is the readiness to stand out in a crowd.
- Leadership is an open mind and an open heart.
- Leadership is the ability to submerge your ego for the sake of what is best.
- Leadership is evoking in others the capacity to dream.
- Leadership is inspiring others with a vision of what they can contribute.
- Leadership is the power of one harnessing the power of many.
- Leadership is your heart speaking to the hearts of others.
- Leadership is the integration of heart, head, and soul.
- Leadership is the capacity to care, and in caring, to liberate the ideas, energy, and capacities of others.
- Leadership is the dream made a reality.
- Leadership is, above all, courageous.
Great Leadership Quotes to Inspire You To Greatness
- “Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.”
- “Seven Steps to Success
1) Make a commitment to grow daily.
2) Value the process more than events.
3) Don’t wait for inspiration.
4) Be willing to sacrifice pleasure for opportunity.
5) Dream big.
6) Plan your priorities.
7) Give up to go up.”
- “We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.”
- “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.”
- “The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.”
- “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.”
- “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.”
- “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.”
- “Success is…
knowing your purpose in life,
growing to reach your maximum potential, and
sowing seeds that benefit others.”
- “Talent is a gift, but character is a choice.”
- “If we are growing we are always going to be outside our
- “Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best.”
- “if you don’t have peace, it isn’t because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you.”
- “The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.”
- “Question for God every morning: What is the main event today? What do you want me to focus on today?”
- “Remember, man does not live on bread alone: sometimes he needs a little buttering up.”
- “A leader who produces other leaders multiples their influences.”
- “The whole idea of motivation is a trap. Forget motivation.
Just do it. Exercise, lose weight, test your blood sugar, or
whatever. Do it without motivation. And then, guess what?
After you start doing the thing, that’s when the motivation
comes and makes it easy for you to keep on doing it.”
- “The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying”
- “If you start today to do the right thing, you are already a success even if it doesn’t show yet.”
- “If you don’t change the direction you are going, then you’re likely to end up where you’re heading…”
- “Stay focused instead of getting offended or off track by others.”
- “You have to live with the people to know their needs, and you have to live with God to know how to solve them.”
- “Relational skills are the most important abilities in leadership.”
- “Everything begins with a decision. Then, we have to manage that decision for the rest of your life.”
“There was a very cautious man
Who never laughed or played
He never risked, he never tried,
He never sang or prayed.
And when he on day passed away,
His insurance was denied,
For since he never really lived,
They claimed he never really died.
I hope these great leadership quotes for John Maxwell will inspire your day and help you inspire others.
There are so many Great Leadership Quotes out there and I encourage you to not stop with these.
Here are some other resources that might help you:
Please be sure to TWEET THIS POST NOW! Sharing is caring. 🙂
Was this post valuable to you? if YES… I would love to hear your comments and share below.
PS: If Your Upline Does Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For ONLINE Marketing Success, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access